Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Distracted by Ravelry

Another addict is born! I've been spending most of my time over there when I'm not knitting instead of updating my blog like I should. So here's my latest...

I finally finished the crocheted baby blanket and turned it in. It's about time that I started racking up those volunteer hours again!

All of the log cabin blanket squares are finished, and their ends are all sewed in. I even sewed them into four strips of six squares each. That's when I got anxious. I need to sew the strips together, but I'm afraid I won't get the seams to line up correctly. I just need to "suck up and deal" as we used to say in NROTC and get on with the process.

I finished the Summer of Love lace socks after I had to rip them back to the cuff and re-finish them. I hate running out of yarn at the last minute. They look great, and they even have a tiny bit of room to allow for the inevitable shrinkage of being run through the washer on a cold, delicate cycle.

I'm in the middle of the DCA's pair of Jacobean socks. I'm over halfway done with the second sock, and I can't wait to be finished with it. It's a fun knit, but I really just want to be working on Lenore from Rockin' Sock Club 2007. After the Lenores are done, I'll be moving on to work on Moose's Snakes on a Sock.

I finally pulled my Mason-Dixon Perfect Sweater out of hibernation. I finished the back, and I'm almost ready to start the sleeve caps. I'm working both sleeves at once on a single circ to make sure they are exactly the same. I am definitely going to make this a habit for all future sweaters. I keep thinking that it's taking forever to do the sleeves, and then I remember that I'm almost done with both! Bonus!

I'm going to head back over to Ravelry now and finish reading all the threads I pulled up for today. How does anyone get anything done anymore with such a great site???

No comments: