Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summer Is Winding Down...

...and maybe I'll get better about blogging...or not... I'm just too busy over on Ravelry and Facebook.

We just got home from our summer vacation to the Great Smoky Mountains. I posted a couple of albums over on Facebook to show everything we did. I also took my Loopy postcard from The Loopy Ewe along, and he has his very own album of just a sampling of the things he saw.

My main update for now is that I successfully finished my Ravelympics 2008 projects. I put the Ocean Waves Wrap, Marmee's Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl, and the DCA's blanket to bed for good. I am so glad to have them behind me so I can concentrate on just the couple of projects I have on the needles. I also managed to sneak a Do the Wave scarf in during Ravelympics.

Mom's last set of post-surgical tests came in with fabulous results. The cancer recurrence prediction test she had contained the lowest number her oncologist had ever seen! The oncologist considers Mom cancer-free for now, and she'll just be monitored every six months for the next few years to really make sure there is no recurrence. Praise God for answered prayers.

We're getting ready for school around here. It's the kids' last week of freedom. We should learn who Moose's new teachers will be on Tuesday. The Roo will get her class schedule on Friday when she goes to new student orientation. I think I'll check in with them to see what they want to do this week as a last hurrah before they head back. There was some mention earlier about living in pajamas one day this week and watching all six Star Wars movies in a row. I have a feeling I'll be in a popcorn-induced coma in a couple of days!

No comments: