Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Just a Quickie

As I suspected, returning to school last week has hampered my knitting time. I love teaching my students, but sometimes I wonder if I really need a different job--one that involves my knitting all day long with no interruptions. I'd probably get bored though.

The Roo's Weasley sweater is almost done. I need to do one more sleeve, but this won't be any trouble since it's worked from the top down and in the round. I have also started duplicate stitching her initial on the front, so I don't get tired of it later.

The pink frog has been reborn as the Meadow Flowers shawl from Knitter's Stash. I figured if I have a pattern in a book at home, I might as well use it! It's still a garter stitch shawl, but this time there are some yo's, ssk's, and k2tog's to keep things interesting. The edging pattern seems fairly easy to understand, so I should be able to complete it with little or no trouble. I think it will be just gorgeous once it's blocked. I can't wait to see the finished shawl, and since I'm having fun with it, I think I'll be done in no time.

The sock in progress seems stalled. This is primarily due to my focus on the other projects. I'm sure it will pick up once the sweater is done.

I may have a bit more knitting time this week. The DCA is traveling this week on a business trip, so I won't have much company in the evenings except for my needles and yarn.

Pictures of the WIPs are coming soon!

No comments: