I started the Inside and Out pattern, and I just couldn't get by the shape of the toe. Apparently, I'm not the only one because Stephanie had similar objections. From there, I tried 4 or 5 different patterns starting them multiple times before I finally decided I liked the Inside and Out pattern, but that I would rather work it from the top down. It's my anti-toe-up bias again!
Here's what I've done so far:
- I used the crochet cast on for 60 stitches because I wanted a picot lace cuff instead of ribbing at the top. I knit 7 rows, the picot row, and 7 more rows before knitting the stitches from the waste yarn and the stitches from the needle together. I used US size 1 needles for the hem.
- I switched to US size 2 needles and worked the pattern rows of the leg for two and a half repeats.
- I switched back to US size 1 needles to work the garter stitch short-row heel and 10 rows of the foot.
- I switched to US size 0 needles to work the remainder of the foot, and I'm now heading for the toe.
- I plan to do the garter stitch short-row toe with the size 0 needles and kitchener stitch the remaining stitches together at the end.
After all the time I have spent on this sock so far, I can't wait to see it all finished up even though I know it's going to take me a few more days.
The DCA found the camera for me the other day, but as I'm sure you've noticed, I haven't picked it up yet. Maybe I should sweet-talk him into being my photographer!