Monday, March 05, 2007

All Done...Finally!

I have an unexpected work day today--it was supposed to be three weeks from now, but another teacher needed my day for some personal time. I, of course, have put it to good use by FINALLY finishing the Science Fair papers. There's nothing like taking a whole month to get them graded! They are all out of the way now, and they are safely stored in the trunk of my car so I can deliver them to school in the morning. The children will be so thrilled. Actually, I'm expecting an outright rebellion because so many of them lost huge amounts of points for not following the given format. I was extremely lenient in my grading to begin with, but it's really hard to be nice when they don't even follow the rubric! I guess it's all a learning experience, and it's all over until next year.

I did all my grading at Panera over a Cinnamon Crunch bagel with Honey Walnut Spread and coffee. Then I ran a few errands, and I grabbed my "lunch", a Coldbuster smoothie from Jamba Juice on the way home. I have a terrific head cold, and I'm willing to try anything to make it go away.

This afternoon, I intend to camp in front of the TV and watch The Dark Ages which I recorded on the DVR last night while I work on Monkey sock #2. I'm in the heel flap, so I feel like I'm in the home stretch.

Being in the home stretch is a good thing, because I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Rockin' Sock Club shipment. I admit that I couldn't wait for my package to arrive, so I have snooped on some other blogs to see what my goodies might be. Trust me when I say, you'll love it! I am going to throw all else aside and work with the yarn and package as soon as it's here and #2's toe is kitchenered!

Time to go soothe my cold with some veg time, my smoothie, and some rabid sock knitting.

No comments: