Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Almost Finished Object

My chunky sweater is finished, and it's...well...chunky. I love the color, and I love the softness, but here in SoCal, I may not need such a toasty sweater. Does anyone in a cold location want me to come visit?

I started sewing up the sweater on Monday, but I didn't use the Yosemite like I planned. My borrowed copy of the Yarn Girls' Guide said I should use a different yarn from the one in the sweater, so I went stash diving to find something that would work. I have decided that sewing in a sleeve is a "major pain in the wuckus" as my friend would say. It's enough to make me stick with socks, shawls, and raglans.

I must say, however, that sewing up straight seams is quite gratifying as you see two edges of knitting begin to merge together to become an apparently seamless piece of fabric--until you look at the back anyway.

I still need to weave in all the ends, and then I'll try to get a picture up this weekend. I should have plenty of time in between trips to the zoo, a friend's dinner party, our worship service, and some random church meetings on Sunday. Stop laughing! Okay, go ahead, I've probably giggled enough at the grandiose plans of others.

The Moose wants to play Cadoo, so I'm off to dig out Icarus and to entertain my darling boy.

No comments: