Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Don't Think So!

So, I took the "What American Accent Do You Have?" quiz I found over on Cara's blog. It says I have a Midland accent. I know this isn't scientific, or anything, but you can definitely tell it must not be designed by a linguist. Anyone who knows me will tell you I have a Southeastern accent! Just ask the students in my class. I suppress it most of the time, but they just love it when I go visit the church secretary--she's from Alabama--and I return sounding like a highly educated Scarlett O'Hara. Obviously, my results must be skewed.

I liked the Female Literary Character quiz I found over on Wendy's page much better. This week:

I'm Marianne Dashwood from Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen!

Last week I was Beth March--I must have been feeling overly kind and generous that day. Not that it's a bad thing.

Enough with the quizzes!

I have banished Icarus to the stash temporarily. I'm just too frightened of running out of yarn to deal with it right now. Instead, I have pulled Clapotis out of semi-retirement and am zooming away on it. It is so relaxing and rhythmic to me for some reason. I may even stick this one out to the bitter end!

I pulled out my *b-marie* yarn from the Indie Swag club and started knitting a new pair of socks. I'm trying Snicket to see if I can see the raised cabling in the stripes. So far it's looking okay.

I really need to find the camera and take some pictures. The site is looking kind of bare lately!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Ah, I just watched Sense and Sensibility last night - the perfect therapy!

Wendy