Thursday, February 15, 2007

Knitting in Silence

I feel like that's what I've been doing. What's actually happened is that I've been super-busy with the whole teaching thing. As the Science teacher in charge of the Science fair, you can imagine things were pretty hectic until last week. I just haven't wanted to blog, because I've wanted to have every spare moment available for my knitting.

I also don't have anything to show off, which of course, means I have little to blog about. I did finish a Shedir chemo cap for our school bookkeeper who has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment. I'll be handing it off today to another lady at school who visits her regularly. Most of us who work in classrooms are staying away so we don't expose her to the kids' germs. It's hard, because we miss her lots! In the meantime, our part will be to keep on praying for God to heal her.

I've been fighting with two pairs of socks and a scarf for the past month. One pair of socks is in the Lisa Souza Mardi Gras colorway, and I could not, could not, could not find a pattern that worked with it. Then I bought those U.S. size 0 needles. Now, I'm almost to the toe on the first one, but it's taking forever! I am starting to wonder how people work on anything smaller. I also fought a battle (and won) with a skein of Socks That Rock Rooster Rock. They were pooling terribly until I found Sockbug's River Rapids pattern. They're all finished now, and I actually wore them Monday. The scarf is a handspun wool and tencel blend in Bruised Raspberries by our own Miss Violet. I've tried four or five different variations on the scarf before I finally settled on the long skinny scarf in woven stitch I saw on Knitty Gritty. It's destined to be a gift for someone, so there won't be any pictures until it's mailed off.

For now, it's time to head off to work. I have to have some way to support my yarn habit...

No comments: