Monday, February 19, 2007

What Science Fair Papers?

Oh, you mean the stack of 28 folders gathering dust on the dining room table. Yeah, well I'll get to those...tomorrow...yeah, tomorrow! I do have a deadline approaching--I need to get them all graded in time for the end of second trimester. I have figured out I can do 3 or 4 a day and finish in enough time. The grading madness will begin tomorrow during my work day. Sigh.

I have spent the weekend decompressing and knitting. I'm still working on the skinny scarf, but at 500 stitches a row, it moves rather slowly. I finished the first Mardi Gras sock, started a Monkey sock in another Miss Violet original--her Joy sock yarn, and spent the weekend wishing for some brainless knitting. (A couple of bad headaches that prevent adequate concentration have contributed to this desire.)

It led to another moment of which Kermit would be proud. I frogged the never-finished, never-seen, and never-worn chunky sweater. In the last month or so, I have spent a lot of time figuring out exactly what should have been done better to make it "hand-crafted" vice "homemade". I should not have decreased exactly at the edge of the sweater, and I should not have been so quick to seam the sweater. Both problems contributed to some really fat seams that would never have been flat. Since I knew it would never be worn, I got out my new ballwinder and swift and spent an hour adding all that yarn back into my meager stash.

The yummy yarn will now be reborn as a monster Clapotis. I've been wanting to make a new one for a while, and this is my opportunity! The chunky yarn, big needles, and plethora of skeins will allow me to make a near blanket-sized version for wrapping up in during these last days of winter. It is the perfect rainy day project for the last relaxing day of my weekend.

No, thank you, I do not want my red pen. Give me back my needles--I have to knit now.

No comments: