Sunday, November 25, 2007

To Be Blocked and Finished

I am an extraordinary procrastinator. Anyone who knows me at all can vouch for this fact. Today, however, I have made some effort to overcome my shortcomings and present these (sort of) finished objects. The knitting is all done, but they still need a few ends tied off and/or they need to be blocked. (I really need to invest in some blocking wires!)

Here are this summer's socks. First up is Fawkes. I used the Chinese New Year yarn from Scout's Indie Swag Round 1. I really like them, but with some loose ends, I haven't had the chance to wear them.


The same is true for my Rockin' Sock Club Solstice Slip Socks. They are absolutely yummy--Socks That Rock really is my favorite sock yarn--but they have loose ends too.

I also finished a pair of socks in Perchance to Knit's Dianthus Pinks colorway. This is one of the patterns from Interweave's 25 Favorite Socks.

Here is the Chevron Scarf I made for my mom while we were on vacation. I really have to get this one finished, because it's supposed to be for Christmas! It's made from more Socks That Rock in Mudslide and In the Navy.


This is my version of Maude that I made for the knit along. I would love to be wearing this in our lovely SoCal fall weather, but I'm too lazy to get out my dental floss and sewing pins.


Here is my new beanie for this winter in case I get tired of Le Slouch. The pattern looked interesting one night so I went stash diving and cast on for it immediately. I think I'll tie it off today so I can wear it this week.


Here is my Hanami stole. This is what I used to occupy my time during the wildfires back in October. This one will be finished in time for spring even if I have to unvent some blocking wires from old clothes hangers!


Last but not least is my finished project for Secret of the Stole. I still haven't figured out the theme yet, but to be honest, I haven't really tried. Work has kept me way too busy to play with puzzles. I'll just wait for the announcement when it comes out. I may give in and block this one with dental floss this week. It might be nice to wear it for the DCA's party for work on Friday.


Stay tuned there is more to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look great

dragon knitter said...

stainless steel welding rods. or zinc. i think they make them in zinc, too. they're easier to get, and work just as well! everything looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

You have some beautiful items here!